Have a Lasting CAREER IN HEALTHCARE
In short, as a Medical Secretary you handle all the administrative tasks required to keep doctor’s offices, hospital units, and allied health facilities running smoothly; and that’s no small job.
You work with doctors, providers, and patients. You manage everything from medical records, insurance approvals, coding, billing, and third-party reimbursement to preparing letters, reports, scheduling patient medical tests, hospital admissions, and much more.
What’s more, MEDICAL SECRETARY is on the 2019 High Priority Occupation (HPO) List for Philadelphia County. The list serves as a guide for the public to align training and education investments with occupations that are in demand by employers, have higher skill needs, and are most likely to provide family-sustaining wages.
Source: PA DLI Center for Workforce Information & Analysis
Build Your Future
Because WHAT YOU NEED MATTERS
WFI City College Medical Secretary Program
Here, everything taught is taught for a reason. Earn a Post-Secondary Diploma, nothing more, and nothing less and benefit from our industry- driven approach to program content. Our Medical Secretary Program is career specific, hands-on, practical, and real. If you’ve got a positive attitude, the drive to learn, and the desire to succeed, then the Medical Secretary Program at WFI City College is the fit for you. And it’s fast. You can complete the Medical Secretary Program and be ready to take your place in healthcare in as little as 9-months.
Call us today, 215-455-2300.
- Medical Office Procedures
- Healthcare & Patient Records
- Third Party Billing
- Electronic Health Records
- Law and Ethics for the Medical Office
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Medical Billing Applications
- Medical Recordkeeping
- Medical Terminology
- Business Communication
- Business Math for the Medical Office
- Convenient Day or Eve Schedules
- Easy Reach By Public Transportation
- Affordable In-Scale Tuition
- Financial Aid for Those Who Qualify
- Practical Hands-On Instruction
- Caring Committed Faculty
- First-Hand Experience From Externships
- Graduate Career Placement Assistance
- Success Coaching
- 24/7 Internet Access to Digital Library
- Eligibility for 3rd Party Credentials*
WFI City College tuition and fees do not include the charges for 3rd Party Credentialing exams. Students are responsible for exam fees, policies, and procedures set by the credentialing body. WFI City College Medical Secretary program graduates are eligible to sit for the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA).
- Electronic Health Records Certification (EHRC)
- Medical Administrative Assistant Certification (MAAC)
- Billing and Coding Specialist Certification (BCSC)
WFI City College 4322 North 5th Street
Philadelphia PA 19140