FOR A DYNAMIC CAREER FIT
Some people are born with it while others grow into it – an aptitude for computer technology coupled with a knack for solving problems, and a real desire to help others. Computer Support Specialists, also called Technical Support Specialists or Help Desk Technicians, provide technical assistance, support, and advice to computer users in person, on the phone or electronically through remote access. They troubleshoot and resolve software and hardware problems.
- Conduct diagnostics; troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Repair hardware, software, or peripheral equipment.
- Determine software, hardware, automation, workflow needs.
- Install new hardware, cables, operating systems and software.
- Walk users through the problem-solving steps.
- Set-up computers and related devices for employee use.
- Develop training programs and materials.
- Recommend modifications, upgrades, and customization.
Computer Support Specialists can work for large software companies, support service firms or help-desk call centers. An increasing number telecommute from home. In today’s technology-driven world, having direct access to Computer Support Specialists is as critical to the individual home user as it is to organizations in every industry.
COMPUTER SUPPORT SPECIALIST is on the 2018 High Priority Occupation (HPO) List for Philadelphia County. The purpose of the HPO list is to align workforce training and education investments with occupations that are in demand by employers, have higher skill needs and are most likely to provide family–sustaining wages.
FOR A DYNAMIC FIT
COMPUTER SUPPORT SPECIALIST is on the 2018 High Priority Occupation (HPO) List for Philadelphia County.
The purpose of the HPO list is to align workforce training and education investments with occupations that are in demand by employers, have higher skill needs and are most likely to provide family-sustaining wages.
Note: The 2018 HPO List covers the period from August 1, 2018, through July 31, 2019.
“Employment of computer support specialists is projected to grow 11 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations.”
Projected Employment Growth
BENEFIT FROM OUR INDUSTRY-DRIVEN APPROACH TO PROGRAM CONTENT
- PC Technology Fundamentals
- Database Management SQL Server
- Enhanced PC Technology
- Info Systems, Operating Systems, and Computer Hardware
- Linux 1
- Computer Programming
- Structured Cabling
- Organizational Behavior
- Networking Technologies
- Info Systems Security
- Routers and Routing
- Internet Technology and Applications
- Software Applications and Functionality
- Desktop and Server
- Electronics and Troubleshooting
- Advanced Servers Technology
- Help Desk Concepts and Problem Solving