For a Career Where
TECHNOLOGY MEETS CUSTOMER SERVICE
In short, you provide technical assistance, instruction, support, and advice to computer users in person, on the phone or by remote access for software as well as computer hardware. You can work for large software companies, support service firms, help-desk call centers or be the embedded IT Technician for a single organization.
Whether you’re the IT Specialist for a single organization, a Help Desk Technician, or a Computer Tech doing service calls in the field, each user request presents unique problems for you to troubleshoot and solve. Computer hardware, software, and peripherals are constantly changing, so you are always learning.
In today’s technology-driven world, Computer User Support Specialist work in virtually all industries. Computer Support is on the 2019 High Priority Occupation (HPO) List for Philadelphia County so it’s in demand by employers, has higher skill needs, and likely to provide family-sustaining wages. * Increasingly, women make Computer Support their career of choice.
Source: PA DLI Center for Workforce Information & Analysis
Build Your Future as a
COMPUTER SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Because WHAT YOU NEED MATTERS
WFI City College Computer Support Specialist Program
Earn an Associate in Specialized Technology (AST) Degree, and benefit from our industry-driven approach to program content. Here, everything taught is taught for a reason. Our Computer Support Specialist Program is career-specific, hands-on, practical, and real. If you’ve got a positive attitude, the drive to learn, and the desire to succeed, then put your aptitude for technology, knack for problem solving and desire to help others to work. Here you will find your fit in the Computer Support Specialist Program at WFI City College. You will gain the knowledge, skill, and confidence you need to become career-ready fast.
Call us today, 215-455-2300.
- PC Technology Fundamentals
- Database Management SQL Server
- Enhanced PC Technology
- InfoSystems, Operating Systems & Computer Hardware
- Linux 1
- Computer Programming
- Structural Cabling
- Network Technologies
- Designing and Coding
- Info System Security
- Internet Technology & Applications
- Software Applications & Functionality
- Electronics & Troubleshooting
- Advanced Servers Technology
- Help Desk Concepts & Problem Solving
- Convenient Day or Eve Schedules
- Easy Reach By Public Transportation
- Affordable In-Scale Tuition
- Financial Aid for Those Who Qualify
- Practical Hands-On Instruction
- Caring Committed Faculty
- First-Hand Experience From Externships Graduate Career
- Placement Assistance Success
- 24/7 Internet Access to Digital Library
- Eligibility for 3rd Party Credentials
* WFI City College tuition and fees do not include the charges for 3rd Party Credentialing exams. Students are responsible for exam fees, policies, and procedures set by the credentialing body. WFI City College Computer Support Specialist program graduates are eligible to sit for the following: CompTIA Security +, CompTIA A +, and CompTIA Network + certification exams.
WFI City College 4322 North 5th Street
Philadelphia PA 19140